Traveling around New Zealand is fantastic for the sights, the culture and the natural scenery. Just when you think that the country has it all, you are stopped in your tracks when you sample the food and wine. New Zealand is a top spot for any foodie looking for their next big campervan rental adventure in a stunning setting. Here’s why……
The Food Tours
Take a guided tour through some of New Zealand’s best food hot spots and learn all about the cuisine along the way.
- Zest Food Tours: Zest offers tours in Auckland, Wellington and Martinborough. You can choose to stick to the city or visit nearby towns. Try coffee, chocolates, produce, wine, cheeses and ice cream. Visit popular restaurants, quirky cafes, and laid back bars. Visitors will be introduced to some of the chefs and creators behind the food and will be shown some fantastic places to shop in order to get products to take back home.
- Big Foody Food Tours: Located in Auckland, this food tour offers several different options to satisfy the tastes of all. Guests will taste the local seafood and produce and be taken to specialty shops, farmers markets and fish auctions.
This country is crawling with farmers markets and what better way to get fresh, local and delicious food than from the source.
- Christchurch Farmer’s Market: Held every Saturday, this south island market has stalls of artisan and prepared products, freshly ground coffee, fresh produce and baked goods. There is live music, beautiful scenery and award winning food to sample and take home.
- Thorndon Farmer’s Market: This Wellington market is held on Saturdays and has everything from local produce to natural cosmetics. Market visitors can find meats, eggs, nuts, honey, flowers and an array of prepared foods and juices. It is mostly ran by volunteers and encourages sustainability.
New Zealand is famous for its wines. Hop in your camper rental and head out on the wine trail to get a taste of what the country has been producing.
You can start in Hawk’s Bay and make your way to Napier where the vineyards are just as famous as the local restaurants. You can try the pinot noir in Martinborough, Bordeaux blends and the up and coming Syrah wines. Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc are also being widely produced in this wine region as well. Drive the rental campervan to check out the boutique wineries of Canterbury and Waipara and Central Otago which is one of the southernmost wine producing regions in the world.
The Cooking Classes
Learn some new recipes so you can take the tastes of New Zealand home with you.
- Akaroa Cooking School: Learn to cook fantastic dishes in a lovely seaside village. You will use seasonal produce and learn all about where it came from in addition to preparing your lunch.
- Auckland Seafood School: This school focuses primarily on using fresh and local seafood. You can book classes for a variety of tastes such as Italian, classic New Zealand, New Orleans style or Greek.
There are enough foodie adventures to keep you and your stomach full while taking a campervan hire trip in New Zealand. Just make sure to bring your appetite!
Book Online your New Zealand Campervan Rentals at http://www.rentacampervan.co.nz